ASDAN Global Volunteer Programs - Education Support Program in Hainan
Received the ASDAN Volunteer Award ,accredited by the UK Ministry of Education
Obtain a certificate of volunteer service issued by Beijing Volunteer Service Federation
Professional volunteer training with 8 topics and 7 to 9 days of actual volunteering
Date: February 10th-16th, 2019 (7 days)
Program Features and Highlights
Teaching in rural areas of Hainan
Improve the teamwork abilities
Call social attention to quality education in rural areas
BEIJING VOLUNTEER SERVICE FEDERATION (BVF)
Beijing Volunteer Service Federation (BVF), established in December 5th,1993, is a nonprofit social organization which joins and unites volunteer service organizations in the city. It is the first provincial level volunteer-involving organization registered in the provincial civic affairs department. Since establishment, BVF has made a strong commitment to promote social development through volunteerism. BVF adheres to the volunteer service spirit "Share, Love, Help, Improve". ASDAN Volunteer Program belongs to the official registration project of BVF. All students participating in the ASDAN Volunteer Program will be able to obtain a certificate of volunteer service issued by BVF.
Hainan "Beautiful Sou" College Student Volunteer Teacher Association (BSA)
BSA established in January 30th, 2008, is a nonprofit social organization. The association was headed by Hainan Communist Youth League in 2010. BSA widely recruits university students from all over the world to teach for Qionghai rural primary schools. College students from more than 40 countries have participated in teaching. There are also volunteers from well-known universities such as Tsinghua University and Peking University participating in teaching. In the past ten years, BSA have arranged 19,000 volunteer experiences, served 754 primary schools, benefited 62,000 students, with a total 1.65 million hours served.
ASDAN Volunteer Award
ASDAN Volunteer Award
The ASDAN Volunteer Award is accredited by the UK Ministry of Education, which proves that the student has completed volunteer service work with high quality and outstanding contribution. All students who apply for the certificate are required to participate in volunteer training, provide volunteer services for a certain period of time and complete the ASDAN volunteer portfolio.
Chinese official certificate
ASDAN Volunteer Program belongs to the official registration project of the Beijing Volunteer Service Federation(BVF). All students participating in the ASDAN Volunteer Program will
be able to obtain a certificate of volunteer service issued by BVF, at the same time it will record the students service time and content.
International volunteering certificate
All students participating in the ASDAN Volunteer Program will be able to obtain a certificate of volunteer service issued by local NGO which will record volunteer service duration and content.
- Education Support Program in Hainan: ·February 10th-16th, 2019 (7 days)
- Great Barrier Reef Conservation(Contains snorkeling)：
·February 8th-16th, 2019 (9 days)
- Education Support Program in Cambodia(Contains Angkor Wat tour):
February 9th-16th, 2019 (8 days)
- Education Support Program in Nepal(Contains hiking):
February 8th-16th, 2019 (9 days)
ASDAN ASDAN Volunteer Pre-Trip TrainingASDAN China will provide 8 online courses with the theme of Volunteer service to help students understand community service better, and let volunteers know how to protect themselves. Some courses are offered by the Beijing Volunteer Service Federation (BVF).
- Description of ASDAN volunteer courses.
- How to complete the ASDAN volunteer portfolio?
- Psychological adjustment and self-protection.
- Community service and volunteerism.
- Universal etiquette of volunteer service.
- Emergency response and handling.
- International cultural exchanges and global citizenship.
- Preparation for teaching courses (suitable for education support program).
Registration and Payment Process（2019）Step 1: Registration and Passport Application
- Click the Sign up button to sign up. For students who don't have a passport yet, please contact the local public security bureau.
- Parents will sign program contracts with ASDAN China. Once participant contracts have been received, students or parents should pay the required fees through bank transfer within 5 working days.
- If students need a visa application service, they should prepare the relevant materials in accordance with the visa material package and submit them to ASDAN China. ASDAN China will make an appointment and arrange all other visa formalities.
- ASDAN China will provide 8 online courses with the theme of Volunteer service to help students understand community service better, and let volunteers know how to protect themselves.
- Students will participate in volunteer service program under their ASDAN Trainer's guidance.
- At the end of the volunteer program, students will obtain the three authoritative certificates and the record of volunteering within one month.