ASDAN Global Volunteer Program Recruitment - Hainan Education Support
The ASDAN Volunteer Award is accredited by the UK Ministry of Education
Volunteering certificate issued by Chinese official authority
International volunteering certificate issued by local NGO
The academic work will be submited it to the "International Writing, Photo and Multimedia Contest"
8 online courses with the theme of Volunteer service; and ASDAN volunteer programs are not just a tour in the name of volunteering,4-14 days
Round 1: December 21st-December 27th, 2019 (7 days)
Round 2: February 1st-February 7th, 2020 (7 days)
The International Association for Volunteer Effort (IAVE)
The International Association for Volunteer Effort (IAVE) was founded in 1970 by a group of volunteers from around the world who saw in volunteering a means of making connections across countries and cultures. IAVE is a member of the UN Confederation of NGO's. It has grown into a global network of volunteers, volunteer organizations, national representatives and volunteer centers, with members in over 70 countries, and in all world regions. ASDAN China has become a member of IAVE in 2018 and has been invited to participate in the IAVE International Volunteer Youth Conference to discuss how to provide more valuable volunteer activities for young people.
Beijing Volunteer Service Federation (BVF)
Beijing Volunteer Service Federation (BVF), established in December 5th,1993, is a nonprofit social organization which joins and unites volunteer service organizations in the city. Since establishment, BVF has made a strong commitment to promote social development through volunteerism. BVF adheres to the volunteer service spirit "Share, Love, Help, Improve". ASDAN Volunteer Program belongs to the official registration project of BVF. All students participating in the ASDAN Volunteer Program will be able to obtain a certificate of volunteer service issued by BVF.
Hainan "Beautiful Soul" Volunteer Education Association (BSA)
BSA established in January 30th, 2008, is a nonprofit social organization. The association washeaded by Hainan Communist Youth League in 2010. BSA widely recruits university students fromall over the world to teach for Qionghai rural primary schools. College students from more than40 countries have participated in teaching, and volunteers from well-known universities such asTsinghua University and Peking University also participated in teaching. In the past ten years, BSAhas arranged 19,000 volunteer experiences, served 754 primary schools, which has benefited 62,000students, with a total 1.65 million hours served.
ASDAN Volunteer Award
ASDAN Volunteer Award
The ASDAN Volunteer Award is accredited by the UK Ministry of Education, which proves that the student has fulfilled their duties in completing their volunteer service. All students who apply for the certificate are required to participate in volunteer training, complete the volunteer service and submit the ASDAN volunteer portfolio.
Chinese Official Volunteering Certificate
The ASDAN Volunteer Program is listed in the official register of the Beijing Volunteer Service Federation (BVF). All students participating in the ASDAN Volunteer Program will be able to obtain a volunteering certificate issued by BVF, at the same time it will record the students service time and content.
International Volunteering Certificate
All the ASDAN Volunteers will be able to obtain a volunteering certificate issued by local NGO which will record volunteer service duration and content.
- Hainan Education Support
- Round 1: December 21st-December 27th, 2019 (7 days)
- Round 2: February 1st-February 7th, 2020 (7 days)
- Guizhou Education Support
- February 1st-February 7th, 2020 (7 days)
- Shangri-la Education Support
- January 27th-February 2nd, 2020 (8 days)
- Nepal Education Support
- Round 1: December 22nd-December 30th, 2019 (9 days)
- Round 2: January 27th-February 4th, 2020 (9 days)
- Cambodia Orphanage Education Support
- January 27th-February 3rd, 2020 (8 days)
- Semporna Education Support
- Round 1: December 22nd-December 29th, 2019 (8 days)
- Round 2: January 27th-February 3rd, 2020 (8 days)
- Wildlife Conservation in Kenya
- January 27th-February 9th, 2020 (14days)
ASDAN Volunteer Training ContentASDAN China will provide 8 online courses with the theme of Volunteer service to all students participating in the education program to help students understand community service better, and inform volunteers about the safety guidelines. Some courses are offered by the Beijing Volunteer Service Federation (BVF).
- ASDAN Volunteer Project Vision
- ASDAN Volunteer Report Training
- Project local profile and schedule introduction
- International Cultural Exchange and World Citizenship
- Teaching is like leadership classroom: the principles of teaching framework
- Teaching is like leadership classroom: teaching goal decomposition and teaching plan development
- Long-term influence of volunteers
- Rules and safety instructions
Participation processStep 1: Application and Passport/Permit
- Scan the QR code on the left page or log on ASDAN official website at www.seedasdan.org/volunteer to register.
- ASDAN staff will send your parents the contract to sign. After reading and signing, you need to send us one copy back or hand in one copy to the school teacher in charge.
- Overseas programs: After getting your passport, you need to prepare visa application materials according to the instructions given by ASDAN China.
- ASDAN China will provide online courses to help students understand their work better and the safety precautions.
- One month before the programs start, ASDAN will send you a Preparation Guidebook, in which you will get the logistic arrangements, schedule, etc. and checklist-before-you-go. Time to get yourself ready for the trip!
- After successfully complete the program, you will receive the certificates within 30 working days.
- After the volunteer program, the volunteers can submit their works for selection, and the result is expected to be announced in February, 2021.