The largest Youth Math competition in the World
in the world
40 years history
to year 12
can make you love math
Math Kangaroo is proposed by Peter O’Halloran, an Australian mathematician and teacher, in the 1980's. In 1991, this idea was taken up in Paris, France. Very quickly, it spread throughout Europe. The competition began to be called “Kangaroo” because of its Australian origin.
The main purpose of Math Kangaroo is to promote mathematical thinking and stimulate an interest in math, by providing students with an opportunity to compare their abilities against the abilities of other students, from different countries around the world. Math Kangaroo is now the largest competition for school students in the world, with over 6.3 million participants from 87 countries in 2019. There are about one million participants in Russia and Germany each year and more than 0.3 million participants are from France, Brazil, Czech Republic, Poland. Over 0.1 million participants are from Spain, Austria, Netherlands, Sweden and other countries. Furthermore, Math Kangaroo has been held in the United States for more than 20 years, and the number of participants increases rapidly every year, especially in California, where lives the majority of Asian Americans, however, despite the popularity of the competition, it is hard for students to participant in Math Kangaroo, due to increasing demand of participants each year.
ASDAN China (ASDAN Academy) and Math Kangaroo have formed a partnership to bring the Math Kangaroo Competition to China from 2019.
Math Kangaroo’s Mission
More than 6.34 million students participate in "Math Kangaroo" in 2019
- Language：Chinese and English
- Date：18th April, 2020 14:00-15:15（75 mins）
- Deadline：29th March, 2020
- Location：Exam centers across China
- Contest：Individual written test
- Difficulty：6 different levels, suitable for primary school to high school students
- Level 1：Year 1 to 2
- Level 2：Year 3 to 4
- Level 3：Year 5 to 6
- Level 4：Year 7 to 8
- Level 5：Year 9 to 10
- Level 6：Year 11 to 12
- Scoring System：
- Level 1-2：24 multiple-choice questions with a total score of 96. Questions 1-8 are worth 3 points. Questions 9-16 are worth 4 points. Questions 17-24 are worth 5 points. ( 1 point will be deducted for wrong answers, and no point will be deducted for blank answers. )
- Level 3-6：30 multiple-choice questions with a total score of 120. Questions 1-10 are worth 3 points. Questions 11-20 are worth 4 points. Questions 21-30 are worth 5 points. ( 1 point will be deducted for wrong answers, and no point will be deducted for blank answers. )
- Math Kangaroo Perfect Score: Full marks
- Top Gold： Top 3%
- Gold Award： Top 10%
- Silver Award: Top 25%
- Bronze Award: Top 35%
- Proficiency Award: Top 20% (after national awards)
Competition Regional Division
- Northern China : Beijing, Tianjin, Heilongjiang, Jilin, Liaoning, Hebei, Inner Mongolia, Shanxi, Shandong
- Eastern China : Shanghai, Zhejiang, Jiangsu
- Southern China : Guangdong, Guangxi, Fujian, Hainan, Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan
- Western China: Chongqing, Sichuan, Yunnan, Guizhou, Shaanxi, Gansu, Qinghai, Tibet, Ningxia, Xinjiang
- Central China : Hunan, Hubei, Anhui, Jiangxi, Henan
Math Kangaroo China Academic Board
Math Kangaroo China Academic Board Invitation
Starting from 2019, ASDAN China (ASDAN Academy) has cooperated with Math kangaroo to bring the Math Kangaroo Competition to China. Math Kangaroo is now the largest competition for school students in the world, with over 6.3 million participants from 87 countries in 2019. Motivated by the importance of mathematics in the modern world, the competition is to spread the joy of mathematics, support mathematical education in school and promote a positive perception of mathematics in society.
The main activity of “Kangourou sans Frontières” is designing the annual Kangaroo Mathematics Competition. Mathematical problems in multiple-choice form are offered to children of all school levels. Math Kangaroo China Academic Board will be responsible for providing excellent math problems for the “Kangourou sans Frontières” on behalf of China Division. All members of Math Kangaroo China Academic Board, as well as math teachers nationwide, can participate in creating questions for the Math Kangaroo Competition. And the outstanding questions will be selected anonymously by Math Kangaroo China Academic Board.
Math Kangaroo China Division will hold an annual seminar to discuss and develop the concept of math teaching. In addition, some members of the Math Kangaroo China Academic Board will be invited to participate in MK's annual General Assembly, which takes place in different countries. All members of Math Kangaroo China Academic Board will be officially appointed and announced on the official website of the China Division. Hence, we would like to welcome any interested applicants from your school to join in our very first Math Kangaroo China Academic Board!
Math Kangaroo China Division
ASDAN China（ASDAN Academy）
Click here to view the claim
If, for some reason, the student is unable to attend after paying the fee, please contact us. If you apply before the registration deadline, 25% of the registration fee will be deducted as academic materials and service fees. If you apply after the registration deadline, no refund will be given.