ASDAN Critical Thinking Challenge
Show what you know — and what you can do
Educational Testing Service (ETS)
ETS is the world largest not-for-profit organization in educational assessment and research, also the most authoritative organization in operating TOEFL.
Critical Thinking Challenge
Critical Thinking Challenge has received international attention and has been widely recognized by the U.S., Korea, Russia, China, Colombia, Germany, Ireland, India and many other countries. Today, you will also find the translated version of Critical Thinking Challenge in Mandarin, Russian, Korean and Spanish.
Starting from 2019, ASDAN China is cooperating with ETS Global for the organization of Critical Thinking Challenge in China, hoping to extend the expansion of the challenge to more students.
Time (55 minutes)
25th April 2020 (Saturday), 2:00 p.m. – 2:55 p.m.
Written-test, Multiple choice questions
20th April 2020
Grade 7 - 12 (Middle school and high school students)
- Withdrawal before 20th April 2020, will received a 100% delegation fee refund.
- From 20th April 2020 onwards, all the applications for refunding are not acceptable.
- Northern Region:
Beijing, Tianjin, Heilongjiang, Jilin, Liaoning, Hebei, Inner Mongolia, Shanxi, Shandong
- Southern Region:
Guangdong, Guangxi, Fujian, Hainan, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan
- Eastern Region:
Shanghai, Zhejiang, Jiangsu
- Midwest Region:
Chongqing, Sichuan, Yunnan, Guizhou, Shanxi, Gansu, Qinghai, Tibet, Ningxia, Xinjiang, Henan
- National Honor Award: Top 3% of students in China
- High Distinction：Top 10% of students in China
- Distinction：Top 25% of students in China
- Credit Award：Top 35% of students in China
- Proficiency: Top 20% of students (in each region); (Exclude National Awards)
- National School Gold Award：Top 10 schools in China
- National School Silver Award：Top 15% of schools in China
- National School Bronze Award：Top 30% of schools in China
- Regional Outstanding Award：Top 10 schools (in each region); (Exclude National Awards)
Test-taker Score Reports (Students)
Critical Thinking Challenge is also a tool that enables the student to measure his/her critical thinking skill. Students who complete CTC will receive a score report. We hope each student use the result to guide their curriculum improvement and to measure growth and development. This score report can also be used as actionable data to show that students have learned the general education skills needed.
Score Level Certificate
ETS will provide students, who achieved a performance level of Proficiency and Advanced in their critical skill proficiency, with a Score Level certificate.