ASDAN Critical Thinking Qualification
Show what you know — and what you can do
Educational Testing Service (ETS)
ETS is the world largest not-for-profit organization in educational assessment and research, also the most authoritative organization in operating TOEFL.
ASDAN Critical Thinking Qualification
ASDAN Critical Thinking Qualification has received international attention and has been widely recognized by the U.S., Korea, Russia, China, Colombia, Germany, Ireland, India and many other countries. Today, you will also find the translated version of the Qualification in Mandarin, Russian, Korean and Spanish.
Starting from 2019, ASDAN China is cooperating with ETS Global for the organization of ASDAN Critical Thinking Qualification in China, hoping to make the qualification accessible to more students.
ASDAN Critical Thinking Qualification Introduction
Time (55 minutes)
• First Round: 31st October 2020 (Saturday), 2:00 p.m. – 2:55 p.m.
• Second Round: 13rd December 2020 (Sunday), 2:00 p.m. – 2:55 p.m.
The two rounds differ in questions but are of the same level. Students can choose just one round.
Middle School: Grade 7 - 9; High School: 10-12
Individual competition, online or offline exam centers
26 multiple-choice questions, including those differentiating facts from opinions, identifying assumptions, etc
• First Round: 16th October, 2020
• Second Round: 30th November, 2020
• Online (requiring camera-equipped computer and phone)
• Offline exam centers (unavailable now and to be open to choice through this official website once determined)
• Northern Region:
Beijing, Tianjin, Heilongjiang, Jilin, Liaoning, Hebei, Inner Mongolia, Shanxi, Shandong
• Southern Region:
Guangdong, Guangxi, Fujian, Hainan, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan
• Eastern Region:
Shanghai, Zhejiang, Jiangsu
• Midwest Region:
Chongqing, Sichuan, Yunnan, Guizhou, Shanxi, Gansu, Qinghai, Tibet, Ningxia, Xinjiang, Henan
- National Honor: Top 3% of students in China
- High Distinction：Top 10% of students in China
- Distinction：Top 25% of students in China
- Credit：Top 35% of students in China
- Outstanding: Top 20% of students in each region (excluding those with national awards)
Notes: Participants in the two rounds will be evaluated for the above awards separately.
The cumulative score of the top 10 students of each school will be regarded as the collective score of the school. If a school has less than 10 students participating in the competition, the cumulative score of all its participants will be regarded as the collective score of the school. Only those with no less than 8 participants are eligible for school awards.
- National School Gold Award：Top 10% of schools in China
- National School Silver Award：Top 25% of schools in China
- National School Bronze Award：Top 35% of schools in China
Notes：Participating schools in the two rounds will be evaluated for the above awards together.
Test-taker Score Reports (Students)
ASDAN Critical Thinking Qualification is a yardstick for students to measure their critical thinking skills. Every participant will receive a score report. which include the student's score, level, national average, etc. We hope this report can help students in their curriculum improvement and future growth.
Notes: ASDAN and ETS will work together to provide a school performance report for schools with over no less than 30 participants, which can show the overall performance of their students compared with that of their regions and the whole country.
Score Level Certificate
ETS will provide a certificate of achievement for those who reach the level of Proficiency and Advanced in their critical thinking test performance. It is a strong testament to their core skills necessary in future university applications.