Continental Math League (CML)
The results have been published. Please scan the QR code to log in to the ASDAN applet, click "我的阿思丹"-"Program"- find your program and click on 【Score Inquiry】 and 【Certificate(s) Download】to access your score and certificate(s).
The biggest math League in the United States
More than 40 years of History，500 + Schools 、 70000 + Students Participation
There are different difficulties in different papers of grade 1-9
Individual GUTS,real time ranking display in the examination process
Different Grades will be awarded separately
Time: November 27, 2021 (Saturday)
Continental Math League (CML)
CML was founded in 1980 by Joseph quartaro and Henry hull, two math coaches with more than 30 years of teaching experience.At that time, most of the math competitions in the United States were for high school students.But Joseph and Henry believe that if we can develop students’ mathematical thinking from an early age, they are more likely to become mathematicians and make greater contributions.CML attaches to the design of competition content to satisfy the needs of more students,for example, each set of questions will have both difficult and simple questions.At the same time, in order to promote the school’s attention to mathematics and the communication between schools,CML decided to rank the school grades.We will select the best 6 students of each grade oto add up their scores, so as to represent the best scores of the school to rank the school.Different from the American Mathematics Competition (AMC) which emphasizes selection,CML emphasizes the beneficial supplement of in class teaching,stimulate interest in Mathematics。As a result, nearly 70000 people from more than 500 excellent junior and primary schools in the United States participate in CML every year.
Since 2020, CML has reached a strategic cooperation with asdan China to become the Organizing Committee of CML in China and recommend this excellent mathematics education resource to Chinese students.
CML and ASDAN China have reached a strategic co-operation to introduce CML into China since 2020
CML consists of 8 levels, grade 1 and grade 2 papers are the same, grade 3-9 papers are different
- Year 1 -Year 9
- CML China adopts the traditional wheel rules. Contestants will get 3-5 sets of questions (3 sets for grade 1-3 and 5 sets for grade 4-9). After finishing one set of questions, they can go to the next set of questions. The longest time to solve each set of questions is no more than 30 minutes. After students submit the answers to each set of questions, there will be a real-time ranking. The final ranking of students will be determined according to their grades and the speed of answering questions
- Grade 1-3: each papers has 3 sets of tests, each set of 6 questions needs 30 minutes to complete, 18 questions and 90 minutes.
- Grade 4-9: each papers has 5 sets of tests, each set of 6 questions needs 30 minutes to complete,30 questions and 150 minutes.
Chinese and English
Saturday, November 27, 2021
- Grade 1-3: 9:00-10:30 (90 minutes)
- Grade 4-9: 9:00-11:30 (150 minutes)
- Multiple Choice and gap-filling questions
The activity is divided into eight difficulty levels, grade 1 and grade 2 papers are the same, grade 3-9 papers are different
- GUTS：After finishing one set of questions, they can go to the next set of questions. The longest time to solve each set of questions is no more than 30 minutes. After students submit the answers to each set of questions, there will be a real-time ranking. The final ranking of students will be determined according to their grades and the speed of answering questions
- Online (Computer with camera and mobile device required)
- Exam Centers in China
The results will be published within 6-8 weeks after the exam
|Global Awards：||Global School Awards: the highest 6 scores of each school are added up to the score of the school|
* Each Grade is awarded separately
Includes the exam fee,grading fee,certificates fee
17th November 2021
CML not allow the use of calculator.
Click here for claim instructions
If, for some reason, the student is unable to attend after paying the fee, please contact us. If you apply before the registration deadline, 25% of the registration fee will be deducted as academic materials and service fees. If you apply after the registration deadline, no refund will be given.